The folks at Paizo have clearly unlocked some kind of advanced miniaturization technology, as the Core Rulebook of Starfinder is now pocket-sized.
That’s right folks, Paizo’s obsession with all things small continues to pay off, as now, three years after the official release, Starfinder’s core rulebook has been miniaturized. Soon you’ll be able to get your hands on an a smaller version of the corebook, but size isn’t everything (unlike in the real world), because this pocket edition contains three years’ worth of updates, errata, and clarifications. So if you want a physical book that fits in the palm of your hand (ish–it’s still 538 pages), this is the one for you. Check it out below, just in time for Gen Con!
Blast off into a galaxy of adventure with the Starfinder Roleplaying Game! Step into your powered armor and grab your magic-infused laser rifle as you investigate the mysteries of a weird universe with your bold starship crew. Will you delve for lost artifacts in the ruins of alien temples? Strap on rune-enhanced armor and a laser rifle to battle undead empires in fleets of bone ships, or defend colonists from a swarm of ravenous monsters? Maybe you’ll hack into the mainframe of a god-run corporation, or search the stars for clues to the secret history of the universe or brand new planets to explore. Whether you’re making first contact with new cultures on uncharted worlds or fighting to survive in the neon-lit back alleys of Absalom Station, you and your team will need all your wits, combat skill, and magic to make it through. But most of all, you’ll need each other.
This massive 528-page softcover rulebook is the essential centerpiece of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game, with rules for character creation, magic, gear, and more—everything you need to play Starfinder as either a player or Game Master! The next great adventure in science-fantasy roleplaying takes off here, and the Starfinder Core Rulebook is your ticket to a lifetime of adventure amid the stars!
Inside this book, you’ll find:
- All of the rules you need to play or run a game of Starfinder.
- Seven character classes, from the elite soldier and stealthy operative to the physics-hacking technomancer and mind-bending mystic.
- Character races both new and classic, from androids, insectile shirrens, ratlike ysoki, and reptilian vesk to the dwarves and elves of the distant future.
- An in-depth exploration of the Starfinder setting, including its planets, gods, factions, and threats.
- Hundreds of weapons, spells, technological gadgets, magic items, and other options to outfit any character.
- Complete rules for starships, including customization and starship combat.
If you somehow missed your chance at the corebook before, this is a chance to grab it at a great price. And now, with so many folks looking for a new game owing to quarantimes, Starfinder’s galaxy beckons!