If you want to rule Arrakis, you’ll need desert power. And probably also the new Dune RPG coming out soon from Modiphius. Check it out.
Whoever controls the spice, controls the universe. And with the new Dune corebook, you’ll have your chance to control both. They’ve just put the new Dune book and various pre-order bundles up on their site, and they look incredible. Chock full of gorgeous art, and of course, all the politically charged space power plays you could want, it’s
This game will utilize Modiphius’ 2d20 system, and will be available for pre-order December 21st. Let’s take a look at the new book, Dune: Adventures in the Imperium.
ARRAKIS. DUNE. DESERT PLANET.
The Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game takes you into a far future beyond anything you have imagined, where fear is the mind killer so be sure to keep your wits about you. The Imperium is a place of deadly duels, feudal politics, and mysterious abilities, noble Houses politic constantly for power, influence, and vengeance in a universe where a blade can change the fortunes of millions. Build your House, carve your place in the universe or rebuild an ancient lineage and fight for the Imperial throne.
Take your characters on a journey through the storied worlds of Frank Herbert’s sci-fi masterpiece, inhabit elite agents working for noble Houses where Mentats, Swordmasters, Spies, Bene Gesserit Sisters, Devious Advisors, or even desert Fremen join together to follow your banner.
Whoever you choose to be, remember that those that control the spice control the universe.
The Dune: Adventures in the Imperium core rulebook contains:
- Everything you need to create your own stories of intrigue and adventure on the sands of Arrakis as agents of a powerful noble House.
- A brand new version of the 2D20 System adapted specially for the Dune
- An extensive look at the Imperium, its society, factions, history, technology, culture, faith and more.
- Guidelines for novice and experienced gamemasters on how to run Dune-themed adventures and campaigns of intrigue and adventure for the elite agents of a noble House.
- Rules for creating a noble House of your own, from House Minor to Major House, detailing its holdings, areas of expertise and agenda.
- Systems for architect play, where you become the puppet masters, moving agents to your designs to serve your House.
- An introductory adventure designed to quickly get you and your fellow players involved in the byzantine plots of the Imperium on Arrakis.
You will receive a PDF Corebook preview with your purchase. Full and updated versions of all PDFs will be available closer to full release.
The 82-page preview pdf includes the full rules and conflict chapters from the Core Rulebook as well as an introduction to the Dune setting. An adventure ‘Desertfall’ is also provided, with six pre-generated characters, all elite agents of House Atreides. Desertfall takes the player characters to the planet Arrakis as the vanguard of their House as they assume power on Dune. Under a cover mission, they are there to check the Residency for enemy agents. If they fail, the family of Duke Atreides may be in deadly danger. Desertfall may be played on its own, or as a prelude to the Core Rulebook adventure ‘Harvesters of Dune’.
But that’s just the corebook. You can find collector’s editions that bear the crests of each of the major houses, Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino. There’s also some incredible blue dice, done up as bright blue as the eyes of someone who’s been addicted to/affected by Spice.
Or if you want it all, there’s a complete collector’s edition set which gathers together all of it. All three books, plus a normal book, plus a GM screen, custom dice, and more.
- The complete set of Collector’s Edition Core rulebooks: Atreides*, Harkonnen** and Corrino***. As well as a Standard Edition Core Rulebook for day-to-day use.
- A beautiful journal containing both character and House sheets as well as lined, graph and blank paper to record your adventures and secrets.
- The Gamemaster’s Toolkit, a striking panorama of Arrakis containing all the tables and charts you need for play, as well as a 32-page booklet containing ready-made intrigues, encounters, and an adventure generator.
- Both the Arrakis and Arrakis Melange* dice sets.
- A PDF of both the Core Rulebook and the Gamemaster’s Toolkit.
- This bundle is strictly limited to only 200 copies and the only way to get hold of the complete collection in one place!
The worm is the spice, the spice is the worm