The new boxed game is up for pre-order this weekend. Check out the Pricing & Links for Cursed City!
via Games Workshop
At the heart of Shyish, the ancient city of Ulfenkarn stands upon the precipice of doom. The cruel vampire lord Radukar the Wolf has transformed this once-proud city into nothing more than a feasting table for him and his coterie of malicious servants. Now, a group of heroes seek to lift the curse and free the city.
In Warhammer Quest: Cursed City, you and your friends take on the role of a group of disparate heroes seeking fame, treasure, and glory on the streets of Ulfenkarn. Only by working together and balancing your strengths and skills can you hope to survive. With each journey, you will learn more of the Cursed City’s closely guarded secrets and encounter more of the murderous undead that haunt it… The game can be played solo or with up to 3 friends. Each trip into the Cursed City is a race against time, as the forces of Radukar the Wolf become empowered when night falls. At the end of each journey into Ulfenkarn, the players are retrieved by the airship Adamant, so that they may heal, gain experience, and make their plans for the future. Only experienced heroes with the best weapons can hope to overcome Radukar and free Ulfenkarn from its undead curse – do you have what it takes to save the Cursed City?
Warhammer Quest: Cursed City is a co-operative board game that can be played solo, or with up to 3 friends. Together you will enter Ulfenkarn to take part in one of four journeys – Hunt, Scavenge, Deliverance, and Decapitation, which are combined into a heroic quest to overthrow Radukar and his lieutenants to free the city from its undead curse.
This set includes:
60x Plastic, push-fit, Citadel miniatures, including:
– 8x Hero models: Emelda Braskov, Jelsen Darrock, Dagnai Holdenstock, Qulathis the Exile, Glaurio ven Alten III, Octren Glimscry, Cleona Zeitengale, and Brutogg Corpse-Eater
– 42x Hostile models: Radukar the Wolf, Torgillius the Chamberlain, Watch Captain Halgrim, Gorslav the Gravekeeper, Vargskyr, 3x Vyrkos Blood-born, 2x Kosargi Nightguard, 10x Deadwalker Zombies, 10x Ulfenwatch, 6x Corpse Rats, and 6x Bat Swarms.
– 10x Mysterious Objects: 2x Gnawbone Strays, 2x Diregoyles, 2x Gravestones, 2x Crows, and 2x Gibbets.
– 1x 40-page Rulebook
– 1x 56-page Quest book
– 1x 16-page Warhammer Age of Sigmar Warscrolls booklet
The box contains everything you need to set up and play a game of Cursed City including:
– 1x Ulfenkarn in Peril secret envelope
– 180x tokens, counters, and markers
– 20x Game Board Tiles
– 1x Drop Zone Tile
– 1x Extraction Zone Tile
– 1x Skyvessel Board
– 28 dice
ABOUT THIS EDITION
– Includes a character card to use in the Warhammer Quest: Cursed City game
– Hardback with cut-out design on front cover
– Velvet-style inside cover
– Additional short story, ‘The Wages of Terror’
– Author introduction
– Internal full colour art page
– Ribbon bookmark
– Signed by the author
– Individually numbered from an edition of 1,250
A Warhammer Quest novel
This edition includes a character card to use in the Warhammer Quest: Cursed City game.
When a series of vicious murders rock the vampire-ruled city of Ulfenkarn, an unlikely group of heroes – a vampire hunter, a vigilante, a wizard, and a soldier – must discover the truth even as the city’s dread ruler takes to the streets and the bloodletting increases.
READ IT BECAUSE
Delve into the dungeons beneath the city of Ulfenkarn and discover the story behind the board game in this tale of thrilling adventure.
Ulfenkarn is a city of nightmares. Its vampiric rulers have indulged their bloodlust in every shadow-clad alley, turning the once-proud metropolis into a charnel house. Already crushed beneath the tyranny of Radukar the Wolf and his Thirsting Court, a spate of vicious murders plunges the mortal inhabitants into fresh terror. Emerging to uncover a connection between the attacks is an unlikely group of heroes: a vampire hunter from Carstinia, a slum-born vigilante, a ruthless wizard, and a soldier who is the last survivor of her noble bloodline. Arrayed against them are the undead monsters that thrive upon Radukar’s gory regime. But a daring search for answers turns into a fight for survival when the Wolf himself descends his Ebon Citadel and joins the carnage in the streets…
Written by C L Werner
Ulfenkarn is calling!