‘The Witcher’ Season 2 Will Arrive This Year – Check Out the New On Set Footage
A monster hunter, a sorceress, and a princess on a continent infested with evil will continue their journey in The Witcher Season 2.
I didn’t expect to like the first season as much as I did. It’s a great escapist show in a new universe (the eye candy doesn’t hurt). After having to shut down for months due to covid and Henry Cavill injuring his leg during a stunt, filming is finally done and we can expect a second season soon.
That’s a wrap on Season 2! The White Wolf awaits you back on The Continent. pic.twitter.com/SqrAbeelob
— The Witcher (@witchernetflix) April 2, 2021
Multiple units worked over 158 days with 15 locations, 89 cast members, and 1,200 crew members to get this show to the next stage. This was a complex shoot to pull off – then add covid on top of it. Showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich and the entire crew have accomplished a pretty amazing feat.
The story is moving through Blood of Elves and into Time of Contempt this season. Henry Cavill as Geralt, Anya Chalotra as Yennefer, and Freya Allan as Ciri are all returning. Plus all of these folks…
- Joey Batey as traveling bard Jaskier
- MyAnna Buring as sorceress Tissaia de Vries
- Anna Shaffer as the court mage Triss Merigold
- Eamon Farron as Nilfgaard army commander Cahir
- Tom Canton as Filavandrel, king of the elves
- Mimi Ndiweni as Fringilla Vigo
- Lilly Cooper as Murta
- Jeremy Crawford as Yarpin Zigrin
- Mahesh Jadu as Vilgefortz
- Terence Maynard as Artorius
- Lars Mikkelson as Stregobor
- Royce Pierreson as Istredd
- Wilson Radjou-Pujaltes Dara
- Therica Wilson Read as Sabrina
Netflix has promised we’ll get more Geralt and Roach this year but hasn’t given an exact date. Rumor has it that season will arrive this fall. I’m looking forward to it.