Looks like that boxed set IS happening – Come see the latest info for Imperial Knight: Renegade!
We now have visual confirmation that Imperial Knight: Renegade is happening.
via El Ploplo, Warhammer-forum
And to follow-up from yesterday, Archibald_TK had some more insight about the game:
via Archbald_TK, Warseer
So to answer a few questions some of you may or may not have asked:
– AFAIK the game is not restricted to English.
– The two Knights in the story are the Ever-Stalwart of House Terryn (Battle Cannon, Reaper Chainsword, Icarus Autocannon, Heavy Stubbers) and the Litany of Destruction (Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Ironstorm Missile Pod, Heavy Stubber).
– There are only two big cards, one for each of these knights setups. But there are references to play with other weapons setups.
– Game includes a Datasheet to play a Renegade Knight in 40K, but there is only one sheet so I hope they’re not restricted to the CC version.
– Also includes a detachment to ally Knights to CSM and Chaos Daemons.
– 8 pages of rules including the 40K ones if I got it right.
It didn’t notice anything special regarding availability.
There are no rules in the next WD (besides a new unrelated BaC scenario), so far it’s all in the box.
Here are his previous rumors:
via Archibald_TK, Warseer 4-11-2016
No Orruks in the next WD.
New boxed game called “Imperial Knight: Renegade” instead (1 Imperial Knight, 1 IK Warden and 1 Sanctum Imperialis + rules)
165€ / £120 / $195 / and for once the real prices for all to see: CA$ 235 / AU$ 245 / NZ$ 290 / 22.000 Yen
So both a huge price but a huge discount at the same time, making it a pretty solid choice if you want 2 Knights. Too bad the large difference between the UK and Euro price will make us incapable of competing vs UK retailers.
Game is derived from the minigame they did in the WD around the Stormsurge release if I remember correctly, the one were each superheavy had its own datasheet, with damage locations and numbers everywhere. Game includes specific decals for each knight allowing you to decorate one of them as a renegade Knight. No Chaos specific sprues thought (those are the regular models already sold in stores).
There you have it! Pricing, Dates and the rest of the info. Looks like April 23 will be a good day for all you Knight fans. And if you’ve been holding out, it’s probably not going to get any better than this deal.
Here come the Knights – I hope you have your House in order…