Some may remember my first article regarding my journey into the world of 3D printing in March. In that first article I showed the steps I took in producing some defensive lines. The article can be found here.
|Base and Step pieces.|
|Gun mounting plate.|
|Wall and Wall End pieces|
|Top left you can see the problem area,
the step had the same thing, though less noticeable
|The first assembled gun emplacement after sand was added to the base|
|A quick undercoat of primer to bring everything together|
Using a FW Hydra turret and a second hand Earthshaker off eBay I did a test fit…
|The turret fitted nicely between
the new detail I added which was a relief
While I await some Earthshakers to arrive I have started to add details such as the crank handle to turn the gun and some shell cases as well as beginning to cast the next two gun emplacements. I am now also considering scratch building my own Hydra/Manticore turret to save having to buy multiple kits from Forgeworld.
|WIP shots of the shell cases and crank handle.
I may redo these as 3D models as well
|Plasma generator, drums & crates
and a dragons tooth ready for 3D printing