The Astartes rules avalanche continues. This week we are seeing breaking info from the codex itself. From Chapter traits, to unit updates and even more…
-Chaplains are HQ , W:2, A:2 and grant Zealot.
-Master of the Forge gains It Will Not Die
-Scouts drop 2 points, can take LS Storm as a dedicated transport.
-Tacticals drop 2 points.
-Devastators drop 2 points.
-Sternguard drop 3 points.
-Vanguard drop 1 point, jumppack option drops 7 points.
-Honour guard are cheaper.
-SM Bikes drop 4 points.
-Hunter/Stalker re both armed with s:7 weapons (Stalker heavy4, Hunter heavy1). The Hunter’s weapon is AP:2 Armorbane.
-Command Squads may take bikes, and a bike-equipped Commander makes a SM Biker unit troops.
-Crusader Squads may take 2 power weapons per squad. Costed and equipped as Tacticals as standard. May swap out for BP/CCW for free. Max size 10 Initiates and 10 Neophytes.
-Centurions WS4 BS4 S5 T5 W2 I4 Ld8/9 Sv2, Squad size 3-6, each costed as a Predator.
– Raven Guard have Stealth, may use jump packs in movement AND assault phase.
– Imperial Fists reroll ‘1s’ to hit with standard bolters (Bolter Drill). Devatators/Centurions have Tank Hunters and +1 on the building damage table.
– Salamanders reroll failed to-wounds with flame weapons, and failed armor penetration rolls versus vehicles. Characters gain a free master crafted weapon. Vulkan is the only way to grant twin-linked meltas.
– Black Templars have Chapter Tactics options instead of Vows. The Emperor’s Champion is an HQ choice for them only and chooses from either (reroll failed to-hits plus rending in challenges), or (gain Adamantium Will plus Crusader). No Librarians allowed.
– Ultramarines choose from one of the following donctrines:
a) Tactical – Re-roll ones, unless they’re Tactical marines and they re-roll all shooting failed to hits.
b) Assault – Re-roll charge distance, unless they’re Assault squads, Bikes, Attack bikes who gain Fleet.
c) Devstator – Re-roll on snap shots and overwatch, unless they’re Devastators who gain Relentless (except when disembarking).
– White Scars bike equipped Captain makes 1 bike squad troops
– Successor Chapter use the Chapter Tactics of their Founding Chapter. Many Successor Chapters are listed by name.
6 new Chapter Relics
Grav Weapons have Concussive
-Marneus Calgar may take 3 Warlord Traits and is pricier.
-Korsarro Khan grants Scout to mounted troops and bikes. He inflicts D3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
-Kayvan Shrike may Infiltrate with Jumppack units.
-Emperor’s Champion equipped with AP:2 sword, armor is 2+/4+i
-High-Marshal Helbrecht grants Hatred and Fleet to Black Templars in the Assault phase once per game.
-Lysander returns with Eternal Warrior, Units in 12″ re-roll on morale and pinning test.
-Grimaldus Grants Zealot to his unit.
-Several Named Characters retain USRs that affect their entire army.
~WOW, I can already hear the sound of the Heldrake sobbing – and that makes my soul complete.