|Is the camo marker a model, a mine, multiple models, or in 3rd edition, nothing at all.|
- A model with FastPandas can deploy them with a short skill or ARO (Automatic Response Order).
- The short skill used is an attack, meaning the unit cannot attack again in that order and it will reveal the unit if it is camouflaged.
- When deploying a FastPanda, place it adjacent to the models’ base and then move the FastPanda up to 8 inches. Opponents can react in ARO against the model deploying the Fast Panda, but not to the FastPanda itself.
- Once deployed, the FastPanda cannot be moved or picked up to be deployed again. Models with FastPandas get only one unless otherwise stated in the models description.
- FastPandas have a movement of 8, no armor or BTS, 1 structure point, acts like a repeater, and is vulnerable to E/M.
|When deploying Ambushed Camouflage you will be required to record which camo marker is the decoy.|
Fast Pandas on the other hand, offer some interesting opportunities to discuss further. One of the most devastating uses I could see here would be in regards to TAG or HI infantry take down, without the nomads getting a single ARO. Let’s take a look at the next image as a representation of a game in the second turn. The PanOceania player, using the 1.5 inch walls as cover, moves his Jotums tag up. The interventor is prone as to stay completely hidden from the Jotums tag who looms tall over the low ground terrain.
On the nomad player’s turn, the interventor deploys a FastPanda that sprints 8 inches across the way putting it behind cover but within 8 inches of the Jotums TAG. The Jotums TAG cannot react to the FastPanda, only the Interventor (who has total cover so cannot be ARO’ed). Now the Nomad player can spend orders from a hacker on the other side of the board to immobilize or possess the TAG.
Something to note, even though the Jotums could not target the FastPanda in ARO, if he had laid down suppression fire and the FastPanda traveled through it, the FastPanda would have been hit.
So what do you think of these two new rules? Leave a comment below. As always find me here, my YouTube Channel, or drop me a line or Infinity photos at my new email address [email protected] .