Space Marines are taking the 40k world by storm, come see the newest round of changes for these venerable warriors!
The God of War is back!
1) Iron Resolve – Most Characters have this as thier warlord trait. Gives Feel No Pain!
2) Storm of Fire – Warlord trait now makes one squad’s weapons ‘Rending’ once per game within 12″
3) Marneus Calgar can choose any Warlord trait (above!), and swings at I5 with SIX strength 8 attacks!
4) A Squad of there Vindicators can combine their shots into one Apocalypse Blast, that gains Ignore Cover! – BOOM!
5) A Squad of three Predators gets Monster Hunter and Tank Hunter USR’s
6) Three Centurions is now 165 Points (down 25), however Grav Cannons costs 5 points more to equip (25)
7) The Space Marine Command Squad went down 10 points.
8) The Shield Eternal remains unchanged.
9) Librarus Conclave – allows you to cast psychic power on a 2+ if you’re within 12″ of other librarians in the formation. In addition each librarian knows the same powers if within 12″ as well. Tigarius can be included in this formation.
10) Chapter Masters are are still 130 points but at a 40 point upgrade from the captain model.
I love the smell of promethium in the morning…
Overall seems like the Marines are more upgunned and ready to take on the threats to the 7th Edition head on now!
Super friends seems unaffected by the new book, and some staples went evendown in price. Expect to see a ton of psychic and centruion heavy lists in the short term as these are clearly the easiest combos to make now!
So have formations just jumped the shark?