There is some tasty rumors doing the rounds. Here’s the latest on GW’s plans to expand the plastic Horus Heresy line!
Sources who spoke to BoLS on condition of anonymity reported the following:
Sequel to Betrayal at Calth contents:
- Assault squad sprue featuring packs and close combat weapons.
- Legion Heavy Support squad sprue with a variety of heavy weapons.
- Mk. IV Tactical sprues continue their appearance.
- 2 new Heroes are included.
- Imperial Fists are involved in some manner.
- Uses the same Betrayal at Calth ruleset.
- Q1-Q2 2016
This builds upon the last set of rumors regarding Betrayal at Calth sequals here:
- Betrayal at Calth was only the initial product in a Horus Heresy boxed game series.
- Look for the Betrayal at Calth rules to reappear in future additional similar boxed sets.
- These further boxed sets will expand the Betrayal at Calth ruleset and take gamers to other locations and pairs of adversaries set in the Heresy.
- The second boxed game will make an appearance sooner than later this year (2016), based on the white hot financial success of the initial Betrayal at Calth product.
Hmm, so to me it looks like this is a continuation of the Betrayal at Calth series, but more importantly is becoming a vehicle for Forge World to roll out an expanding line of Heresy plastics. They could roll out 2 of these a year, and each contains the makings of 2-3 new kits/characters. These can later be sold seperately in boxes, giving GW has a perfect vehicle to spike sales as needed while building up 30K into a viable line with an wide plastic core set of products.
If true, after this box ships, GW would have the makings for the following kits in plastic:
- Legion Praetor
- Legion Centurions/Consuls
- Tactical Squads (easily converted into several Legion squad types, Veteran Tacticals, Seekers, Legion Recon, etc…)
- Assault Squads
- Heavy Weapon Squads
Not a bad start…
~Have at it – do you think GW can bottle lightning twice in a row?