There’s more rumormill talk doing the rounds on what is coming to the 8 Realms after the Fyreslayers…
BoLS has been receiving word from multiple sources over the last week regarding upcoming Age of Sigmar releases:
We have seen the following in the last 6 weeks starting in mid December:
Archaon – 2 weeks
Fyreslayers – 3 weeks
Chaos Grand Alliance – 1 week
The following factions are all reported to be coming in Q1-2, arriving before summer. Note that these are not said to be coming one after another and 40K/30K are going to be interspersed in here.
Each faction will feature a large “centerpiece kit”
- Undead (said to be the next Age of Sigmar Faction after Fyreslayers)
- There will some type of large undead giant coming with them.
- Look for the new range to emphasize the “savage” aspect of the greenskins.
- These are said to have a very different aesthetic from the Fyreslayers.
- Their centerpiece model is described as a large humanoid construct.
Laying out a calendar gives us 23 weeks till the middle of the year. Now looking at three factions, I would expect that to fill out roughly 8-10 weeks for all of that.
That would leave approximately 13-15 weeks for Warhammer 40k / Horus Heresy releases. Now don’t take this the wrong way Age of Sigmar enthusiasts – but doesn’t that seem like a LOT LESS Grimdark releases than you would expect for a company who NEEDS to do really well financially in the second half of thier fiscal year to make up for the first half?