Come see the long-awaited return of the classic dungeon-crawl! Warhammer Quest is back with Silver Tower the new main game for the venerable series!
Don’t buy into the hate this game is actually pretty dope! Aside from not being able to play it right out of the box because the minis are not assembled it seems to be one of the funnest RPG crawlers I’ve ever gotten my hands on.
via Games Workshop
Warhammer Quest Silver Tower is a stunning boxed game for two to four players, set in the shifting, labyrinthine lair of a sinister Gaunt Summoner! Work with your friends to conquer the secrets of the Silver Tower, or take the glory for yourself – characters level up and become stronger with persistent stats kept between games. The thirteen double-sided board tiles mean no two adventures need be the same; a roll of the dice can send your adventurers off on wild tangents, with literally thousands of different dungeon-crawl combinations. Included in the rather packed box:
– 51 (count ‘em!) Citadel miniatures: a Fyreslayer Doomseeker, Darkoath Chieftain, Excelsior Warpriest (with loyal Gryph-hound), Knight-Questor, Mistweaver Saih, Tenebral Shard, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch, Ogroid Thaumaturge, 2 Skaven Deathrunners, 2 Pink Horrors, 4 Blue Horrors, 4 pairs of Brimstone Horrors, 6 Tzaangors, 8 Grot Scuttlings, 8 Kairic Acolytes and 8 Chaos Familiars!
– A 40-page guidebook containing the rules, and a 40-page adventure book filled with the trials of the Silver Tower;
– 36 skill & treasure cards, and 40 exploration cards;
– 13 gorgeously-realised double-sided board tiles, bringing the dungeon to your table;
– 6 character cards, allowing you to track your heroes as the level up and grow ever more capable of tackling the Tower.
Throughout the mortal realms the legends of the Silver Tower are recounted with awe and admiration. Tales of disparate champions good and evil, brought together by naught more than fate, battling against sanity-shredding horrors in the ever-shifting domain of the Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch. Tales of bravery, heroism, treachery and betrayal. Tales of teamwork, success, and glory-hunting failure.
Some who tackle the Silver Tower seek a boon from the Gaunt Summoner, others wish to learn his true name, that they might destroy him. All must face foul, writhing monsters, bizarre, labyrinthine corridors bristling with traps and strange, maddening riddles before they even gain the chance to stand before his fell sorcery. The greatest champions, those who grow in strength over time as they solve the Silver Tower’s secrets, even they may fall at this hurdle – yet the riches, power and freedom they could gain drive them ever forward. But for every tale that ends in glory, another falls short, bringing only madness and despair…
Age of Sigmar is moving forward with this combo RPG / Fantasy / AoS themed release. It’s for 2-4 player’s of course comes with all the contents above.
Overall I think it’s a great looking game that is of course based true to it’s hobby roots, and not something that’s just playable “out of the box” like some of the Board Game counterparts out there. However don’t get it twisted this is a hobby product, for a hobby audience not the captive board game one.