Wizards of the Coast’s D&D livestream is going on. Here’s what we’ve seen so far:
First off we have this – which settles the Mystery of the new storyline:
Chris Perkins Says:
- Set in the Forgotten Realms.
- Giant God breaks the “Ordening” breaking the social-racial structure of giantkind – unleashing the Giants upon the world.
- Characters play “small folk” (non-giants).
- Each faction of Giants sets out with their own agenda for power.
- There is a Giants vs Dragons sub-theme.
- Players can fight with, against, and even become giants themselves.
Chris Mearls Says:
- “Rune Magic” will allow players to go toe to toe with Giants
- Storm King’s Thunder ships wide release September 6th, and in late August at gaming stores.
- Volo’s Guide to Monsters Coming later this year.
- Volo’s Guide contains 100+ new monsters, background on classic monsters.
You can follow along here:
~We’ll do a roundup of the full event soon. Have fun!