Dive to unknown depths in the new release for Legendary Games’ Sword and Planet Adventure Path.
Legendary Planet is a Pathfinder Adventure Path with its feet firmly planted in Sword and Planet soil. And what fertile ground they find there amid the pulpy roots of alien kingdoms and monstrous extra planetary beasts–including that anglerfish hydra lurking in the depths on the cover. If you haven’t followed it, Legendary Planet is an adventure path that takes characters from a small town where they are typical fantasy heroes and quickly thrusts them on the ‘galactic stage’ but it’s much more operatic. The whole campaign revolves around trying to find their way home–though if your players are anything like mine, as soon as they get to space they’ll want to stay there.
via Paizo/Legendary Games
A desperate search for a way home becomes something far greater when your heroes stumble into the middle of an all-out invasion on the ocean planet of Vareen! Minions of the evil Ultari Hegemony want Vareen’s ever-renewing clean water supply, but their aquatic legions threaten to overwhelm the inhabitants and seize control of the planet’s gateway nexus. The heroes must battle the invading host from the stormy surface to the pelagic depths, contending with technomagical terrors from beyond and primitive marine menaces from the ocean’s darkest abyss, all the while discovering for themselves whether home is still a faraway green planet, or here among the stars. Victory and defeat alike may come with a terrible price in The Depths of Desperation!
The Depths of Desperation is an adventure for 14th to 17th-level characters using the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. The latest chapter in the amazing Legendary Planet Adventure Path, a spectacular sword-and-planet saga from Legendary Games blending sci-fi and fantasy, magic and machines with an exciting pulp sensibility and style. The Depths of Desperation includes not only a massive interplanetary adventure but also brand-new monsters, magic, and technology, including new idea and rules elements for blending magic and technology, along with a full gazetteer of the water-world of Vareen and its inhabitants and an ongoing fiction series. Here you will find amazing adventures that span the stars and plunder the planets in a campaign that takes your heroes to 20th level and beyond! Grab this exotic epic today and Make Your Game Legendary!
This 102-page PDF or 100-page print volume contains the following:
- “The Depths of Desperation,” a Pathfinder adventure for 14th to 17th-level characters by Steven T. Helt
- A “Planetary Bestiary” by Steven T. Helt, featuring the the sinister bil’djooli (including three elite variants), the entangling conch tree, the deadly deep-dwelling lasiodon, the contemplative loran, the noxious sky spore, and an assortment of aquatic creatures like the bladefish, dinichthys, deep tiger anemone, mindclaw, and Varinian seastar!
- 9 new technological and magical items like the stasis grenade, toxin vents, bil’djooli rod, and Varinian coral!
- A detailed gazetteer of the ocean world of Vareen from the cerulean surface to the pelagic depths and its invaders and defenders.
- A detailed look at blending science fiction and fantasy both narratively and mechanically, including new feats, spells, and more!
- “Wet Work,” the latest chapter in Chris A. Jackson’s ongoing tale of Anasya, an interplanetary adventurer ready to dive deep into the middle of a war in the depths!
For further information on the earlier adventures in the Legendary Planet Adventure Path and upcoming adventures like Mind Tyrants of the Merciless Moons, pick up the Legendary Planet Player’s Guide and check the Legendary Games website!
The Legendary Planet Adventure Path includes the 1st-level prequel adventure The Assimilation Strain and the following adventures:
- #1: To Worlds Unknown (2nd to 5th level)
- #2: The Scavenged Codex (5th to 7th level)
- #3: Dead Vault Descent (8th to 10th level)
- #4: Confederates of the Shattered Zone (11th to 14th level)
- #5: The Depths of Desperation (15th to 17th level)
- #6: Mind Tyrants of the Merciless Moons (17th to 18th level)
- #7: To Kill a Star (19th to 20th level)