Tabletop Spotlight: Maggotkin Battletome & Warscrolls
The Maggotkin of Nurgle ride forth unto the tabletop – check out their new Battletome & Warscroll cards!
Our friends at Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy brought over a new batch of plagues – this time of the Age of Sigmar variety. It’s the Maggotkin of Nurgle:
The Maggotkin Battletome is about and in your FLGS right now. This disgusting tome of nurgley-knowledge has everything you need (rules-wise) to run three different types of Nurgle’s follower: Rotbringers, Daemons, and Mortals. Inside, you’ll find all the flithy lore you can stomach as well as warscrolls for Battalions and individual units. There are even special “faction” Battalions you can emulate – just like we’ve seen in the previous books. This is a must buy for any fans of Papa Nurgle who want to play Age of Sigmar!
On top of the book, we also take a quick look at the Warscroll cards for the Maggotkin. Lots of folks like these oversized Warscrolls as a quick reference solution. Now, you can make your own or look up the unit rules on line, but these cards will save you the time and trouble by having them all within easy reach – plus they come with a token set that you can use to help mark status effects. I use my Blades of Khorne set every time I play and I find them quite useful!
Overall, the Maggotkin are have gotten a ton of love in terms of new releases of models and this new Battletome. They are a pretty nasty army on the tabletop and if you want to play them, pick up this book!
Collecting together the rules, background and Warscroll cards you need to get a Maggotkin of Nurgle army ready to wage disgusting war on the tabletop, this is a great bundle for the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Nurgle fan. Included:
Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle
In the 104-page hardback Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle, you’ll find:Subscribe to our newsletter!Get Tabletop, RPG & Pop Culture news delivered directly to your inbox.
– Grandfather Nurgle: disturbingly cheerful background information on the most plaguesome of Chaos Gods, delving into his fraught relationship with the other gods, his hideous and bloated physical form and his obsession with the lush, inexhaustible cornucopia of Ghyran;
– The Garden of Nurgle: a horribly detailed description of Nurgle’s domain within the Realm of Chaos;
– Details of the Daemons of Nurgle, from Plaguebearers to Great Unclean Ones, describing their foul methods of war, along with descriptions of Nurgle’s vast armies of mortal followers;
– Armies of the Plague God: the organisation and structure of Nurgle’s armies – the Plague Legions and the Rotbringer Contagiums;
– Warbands of the Plague God: descriptions, sigils and colour schemes for 6 specific Nurgle warbands – The Munificent Wanderers, The Befouling Host, The Droning Guard, The Blessed Sons, The Drowned Men and the Filthbringers;
– Annals of Entropy: a timeline of significant battles and events in the history of Nurgle’s forces;
– Detailed background on the forces available to Nurgle, including mortals and daemons;
– A showcase of beautifully-painted Citadel miniatures, with an example Maggotkin army.
All the rules you need in order to get your Maggotkin army ready for the gaming table are here:
– 24 Warscrolls, covering mortal and daemon followers alike;
– Allegiance Abilities representing the foul gifts that Nurgle’s patronage bestows – including the Cycle of Corruption, a table of filthy boons that will prove advantageous; the Garden of Nurgle, featuring rules for Feculent Gnarlmaws; and rules for summoning daemons using accrued Contagion Points;
– Command Traits for Rotbringers, daemon and mortal followers – 6 each;
– Artefacts of Power for Rotbringers, daemon and mortal followers – 6 each;
– The Lores of Nurgle: spells for daemon and mortal Nurgle wizards, including Foul Regenesis, a spell known by all Nurgle wizards; Lore of Malignance – 3 spells available to any Rotbringer wizard; Lore of Virulence – 3 spells available to any Nurgle daemon Wizard; and Lore of Foulness – 3 spells available to any Nurgle mortal wizard;
– Rules for creating a Nurgle warband to use in a Path to Glory campaign, including Followers Rewards Table, Champion Rewards Table and Patronage of Nurgle Tables (featuring lesser, greater and exalted rewards);
– A specific Battleplan – Seeds of Corruption – for use with Maggotkin armies;
– 8 Warscroll Batallions conferring advantages for fielding certain combinations of models;
– Pitched Battle Profiles for all units featured in this Battletome, including unit sizes, points values and battlefield roles.Advertisement
Warscroll Cards: Maggotkin of Nurgle
This pack of 25 large-format cards contains the each of the unit Warscrolls from Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle, printed on individual cards for handy reference in your battles, along with a selection of double-sided card gaming tokens – use these to indicate the Allegiance Abilities, skills and statuses used by your models in games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
Does this look infected?