Now available from Paizo, two new Pathfinder Pocket Guides. Looking to add some NPCs or want the Advanced Race Guide, reprinted with the latest rules updates and errata…and pocket-sized? Look no further.
Get the most out of your heritage with the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide! Embrace your inner monster by playing one of 30 iconic races from mythology and gaming history, or build an entirely new race of your own. If classic races are more your style, go beyond the stereotypes for elves, dwarves, and the other core races with new options and equipment to help you stand out from the crowd.
The Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide is a bold new companion to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. This imaginative tabletop game builds on more than 10 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into the new millennium.
The 256-page Pathfinder RPG Advanced Race Guide includes:
- New rules and options to help you customize all seven of the classic core races, including new racial traits, racial subtypes, and racial archetypes.
- 30 exotic races, from mischievous goblins and reptilian kobolds to crow-headed tengus and deadly drow, each with complete rules for use as player characters, plus archetypes, alternate racial traits, and other options for maximum customization.
- A complete and balanced system for creating an unlimited number of new races, mixing and matching powers and abilities to form characters and cultures specific to your campaign.
- Tons of new race-specific equipment, feats, spells, and magic items for each of the races detailed!
- … and much, much more!
It’s happened to every Game Master. You spend hours setting up the perfect encounter, your players are out for blood, the swords are drawn—and then you realize that you’ve forgotten to build statistics for the enemy characters. Or perhaps your players go left when you expect them to go right, leaving you without any encounters prepared.
Such problems are a thing of the past with the NPC Codex. Inside this tome, you’ll find hundreds of ready-made stat blocks for nonplayer characters of every level, from a lowly forest poacher to the most majestic knight or ancient spellcaster. Whether you’re planning out future adventures or throwing together encounters right at the table, this book does the work so you can focus on playing the game.
Pathfinder RPG NPC Codex is a must-have companion volume to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook and Pathfinder RPG Bestiary. This imaginative tabletop game builds on more than 10 years of system development and open playtests featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into the new millennium.
The 320-page Pathfinder RPG NPC Codex includes:
- Statistics for more than 300 characters, including at least one for every level of every class in the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook.
- Tactical suggestions for every character, ensuring that you get the most out of each individual’s gear and abilities in a fight.
- Tons of flavorful names and backgrounds to give characters personality, plus ideas for using them in both combat and roleplaying situations.
- Statistics for characters with lower-powered NPC classes to help populate your world with ordinary people, as well as characters with specialized prestige classes.
- Animal companion statistics for druids and rangers, from level 1 through level 20.
- Multiple versions of each Pathfinder iconic character, perfect for pregenerated player characters.
- Encounter groups for conveniently crafting battles on the fly.
- … and much, much more!