Today on Tabletop Spotlight, we take you through the newest Adventure Paths for Pathfinder and Starfinder.
With the the Dawn of Flame adventure path, Starfinder returns to its 6-module format with Adventure Paths–and takes players into an epic science-fantasy setting with a city built in the corona of a sun. Tyrant’s Grasp, for Pathfinder, starts off the way most campaigns end, with the entire party dead and awaiting judgement. It’s an interesting act 1, come see for yourself.
An unknown cataclysm thrusts the heroes into the Boneyard, where souls are judged after death… but the heroes aren’t dead! Trapped in a tomb that isn’t their own, they must use their wits and might to escape. The grim and otherworldly psychopomps who serve as the shepherds of souls are divided on what to do with these unexplained arrivals. The heroes must negotiate treacherous psychopomp politics and journey through a landscape of gloom and nightmare before walking the Dead Roads that can lead them home!
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path launches the Tyrant’s Grasp Adventure Path and includes:
- “The Dead Roads,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 1st-level characters, by Ron Lundeen.
- Tips, tools, and tricks drawn from the Boneyard and its grim denizens, by Matt Morris.
- An exploration of races inevitably linked to death, including dhampirs, duskwalkers, mortics, and shabtis, by Mikhail Rekun.
- An extensive timeline of the events leading up to the Tyrant’s Grasp Adventure Path, and insight into the true nature of the Whispering Tyrant’s new weapon, by Crystal Frasier.
- A bestiary of monsters drawn from the lands and lore of the dead, including a skeletal tree that protects the spirits of the dead, a voracious extraplanar parasite, a leader among the malicious tooth fairies, and people who straddle the line between the living and the dead, by Ron Lundeen, Kyle T. Raes, and Mike Welham.
It Takes One Spark
A magical portal to the Plane of Fire disappears into the sun just after something exits it for the first time in recorded history. An overwhelming telepathic burst from within the star quickly follows, and a scientist recruits the heroes to help her find out what’s going on. The mission takes the heroes to a lashunta enclave called Asanatown in the Burning Archipelago, a bubble-city in the sun’s atmosphere, to meet with another scientist who can help. Before that meeting can happen, however, the psychic disturbance leads radicals among the telepathically sensitive lashuntas to take matters into their own hands, closing Asanatown off from the rest of the sun-based city. Trapped, the heroes must rescue their contact and return power to the proper authorities to escape!
This volume of Starfinder Adventure Path begins the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path and includes:
- “Fire Starters,” a Starfinder adventure for 1st-level characters, by James L. Sutter.
- A survey of Asanatown, the lashunta enclave within the Burning Archipelago, by Jason Tondro.
- A look at the Church of Sarenrae and its worshippers from the Pact Worlds and beyond, as well as new equipment for those devoted to the Dawnflower, by Patrick Brennan.
- An archive of extraplanar threats, from ifrits touched by the Plane of Fire to the chaotic rifti proteans, by Leo Glass, Owen K.C. Stephens, and James L. Sutter.
- Deck plans and statistics for a Sarenite vessel that patrols near the sun, by Jason Keeley, and a look at a beautiful resort planet with ties to the Plane of Water, by Lacy Pellazar.