It’s done (until the prequels start airing) – come talk about it.
Some facts about the show…
- Game of Thrones was the most pirated show for 6 consecutive years according to TorrentFreak
- HBO has put out a GoT themed album with music from Anthrax, Snoop Dogg, and Dee Goodz
- The most common ways to die in Westeros on screen: an open neck wound or fire
- Tyrion Lannister has appeared in more episodes than any other character
- Cersei’s walk of shame cost $50,000 a day for four days
- Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) bought the cast wool underwear while filming in Iceland
- There are lines from Monty Python & the Holy Grail hidden in the series
- The final battle against the White Walkers took 55 days to shoot
- The first episode of season eight broke records with 17.4 million viewers
- Cersei killed Ser Pounce, the cat
- Each episode cost an average of $8 million to produce
- 165 characters died in the series before the start of the final season
- The show was filmed in Northern Ireland, Canada, Croatia, Iceland, Malta, Morocco, Scotland, Spain, and the US
- You can learn High Valyrian on Duolingo for free
- Battle of the Bastards took 600 crew members, 500 extras, 160 tons of gravel, 70 horses, 25 stunt performers, 4 camera crews and 25 days of shooting to make – long live Jon Snow’s rubber sword!
Now that I’ve met some sort of word count…
The comments are a spoiler filled zone – you have been warned.
Thoughts on the final episode, final season, and the entire run in 3,2,1…GO!