The Advanced Player’s Guide was the book that made Pathfinder. It introduced game-changing new rules–now 2nd Edition’s version is almost here with two distinct looks!
The Advanced Player’s Guide is an important book in the decade-long history of Pathfinder. It’s one of the biggest steps away from D&D 3.5 that Paizo took, introducing new classes, new archetypes, and new ways to put together a character. Now a 2nd Edition version of the book is on the way. It introduces four new classes, the Swashbuckler, Oracle, Witch, and Investigator. And those are just a small part of the big release.
The Advanced Player’s Guide has a ton of options for every player-facing part of the game. You’ll get a ton of new ancestry options, including aasimar and tieflings (because there’s no D&D based game that tieflings won’t ascend to popularity in), as well as a ton of new archetypes and multiclass archetypes with a new look at old favorite first edition options. If you like Pathfinder 2nd Edition, you won’t want to miss this one. Pre-order it today! Be sure and check out both covers, the regular and the swanky, red limited edition cover.
Ready to go beyond the basics? Expand the limits of what’s possible with the Pathfinder Advanced Player’s Guide! This 272-page Pathfinder Second Edition rulebook contains exciting new rules options for player characters, adding even more depth of choice to your Pathfinder game! Inside you will find brand new ancestries, heritages, and four new classes: the shrewd investigator, the mysterious oracle, the daring swashbuckler, and the hex-slinging witch! The must-have Advanced Player’s Guide also includes exciting new options for all your favorite Core Rulebook classes and tons of new backgrounds, general feats, spells, items, and 40 flexible archetypes to customize your play experience even further!
The Pathfinder Advanced Player’s Guide includes:
- Four new classes: the investigator, oracle, swashbuckler, and witch!
- Five new ancestries and five heritages for any ancestry: celestial aasimars, curious catfolk, hagspawned changelings, vampiric dhampirs, fate-touched duskwalkers, scaled kobolds, fierce orcs, fiendish tieflings, industrious ratfolk, and feathered tengu!
- 40 new archetypes including multiclass archetypes for the four new classes, Pathfinder favorites like the cavalier, dragon disciple, shadowdancer, and vigilante, and brand-new archetypes like the familiar master and the shield-bearing iron wall!
- New class options for all twelve classes from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook including champions of evil, genie and shadow sorcerers, zen archer monks, rogue masterminds, spellcasting rangers, and more!
- Even more exciting new rules, from rare and unique backgrounds to investigative skill feats, from spells and rituals like reincarnate and create demiplane to new items including special wands with unusual effects and exciting potions worthy of a witch’s cauldron.
This deluxe special edition is bound in faux leather with metallic deboss cover elements and a bound-in ribbon bookmark. The perfect way to commemorate Pathfinder’s new edition! (Cover color and design subject to change.