The Death Guard’s shambling Terminators are back with an updated set of stats for 9th edition. Take a look.
This image from a miniature assembly guide has been doing the rounds. It appears to be from a new repacked 9th Edition Blightlord Terminators. It is all over facebook, and various forums.
Updated Blightlord Terminators
Some items from the updated statlines:
- MOvement increase from 4″ to 5″
- Attacks increase from 2 to 3
- Balesword increases from S:User, to S:User+1
- Bubotic Axe increases from S:User+1, to S:User+2
- Flail of corruption decreases from S:User+2, to S:User+1
- Plaguespewer range increases from 9″ to 12″
- Blight launcher changes from D:d3 to D:2
This is an increase in effectiveness and lethality across the board. As have seen with other Death Guard infantry. Movement is being moved up 1″ across the board. The bonus Attack will really make them more lethal in assault with all those improved weapons. The across the board increase in lethality for the weapons is consistent with what we have seen. The reduction of random damage is the new trend in 9th, and the Blight launcher joins the fixed damage club. The only exception is the slight nerfing of the feared Flail of corruption. Blightlord Terminators were already a standard part of Death Guard Armies and this will only further cement their role as a pillar of the army. Thank you Grandfather Nurgle!
I assume the full datasheet will arrive in codex Death Guard along with the new points.
All praise Grandfather Nurgle!