Owlcat Studios has unveiled a new beta, and the next community event for the upcoming Pathfinder video game, Wrath of the Righteous.
The sequel to Pathfinder’s popular Kingmaker video game, Wrath of the Righteous, is now in Beta, and with it, come new updates and a new peak at the next part of the ongoing “Community Quest” which streamed earlier today.
The beta allows fans to play through the game’s prologue and first three chapters with all quests, all companion storylines, and some romantic options available. At this time, the fourth chapter is incomplete as side quests are missing and some draft assets are still in place. The beta includes two combat modes to try: real-time with pause and turn-based (as it is in Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition).
The first three chapters may be streamed on Twitch and YouTube. Fans may play through chapter 4, but will be prompted with a message alerting them not to stream before their experience begins.
Players can also play through the Mythic progression system and choose one of six Mythic Paths (nine will be featured in the final game): Angel, Azata, Lich, Demon, Aeon, and Trickster. Each path impacts the title’s main narrative in a unique way, though major developments will occur in later chapters. Mythic abilities like devastating spells and powerful buffs may be experimented with however fans wish. Players will be able to navigate through all the content with an up-to-date, redesigned UI.
Today they rolled out a new update to the beta, and here’s what’s new:
- Fixed Arueshalae not coming in Act 3 if you recruited her in Act 2 (it won’t fix saves in Act 3)
- Killing Wenduag broke Lann’s quest in Act 4. Resolution: fixed.
- Seelah didn’t want to talk to the player character in Drezen. Resolution: fixed.
- If Hulrun joined the assault on the Gray Garrison this will be indicated in the quest log
- Fixed some of the issues that caused freezes during tactical combat
- In Leper’s Smile, you could get -100 morale. Resolution: fixed, if you faced these issues you can reset your morale to zero following these simple steps:
If you are on the global map return to the war camp (or any other location) and rest for one day. Then return to the global map and now your morale should be at 0.
- After killing the guards you couldn’t return to Nocticula’s palace and other parts of Alushinyrra. Resolution: fixed
- During the assault on Ziggurat exit disappeared. Fixed: exit is now back and can be used as intended.
- Fight with Minagho in Grey Garrison could break in TBM. Resolution: fixed.
- A cutscene with the killing of cultists wouldn’t play if you defeated cultists in Estrod Tower before the assault on Defender’s Heart. Resolution: fixed.
- Removed two autosaves from Grey Garrison that could break the game upon loading them.
- Some changes to the lighting in the Grey Garrison to improve FPS.
- Turned on SSR
- Hellknight’s feat Ardent Armiger could break the save. Resolution: fixed
- In the character creation, after picking the second bloodline for the crossblooded sorcerer, you can’t change it because there is a sub-message of “Nothing to choose”. Resolution: fixed
- The “Next” button stopped working after using the “Back” button during the creation. Resolution: fixed.
- Racial bonus doubled during level up. Resolution: it won’t be applied, but it would be still displayed.
- Now Nenio can use scrolls again!
But that’s not all, fans will also have a chance to determine the outcome of the next stage in Community Quest, which invites you to create your own story:
Owlcat Games’ community-driven “Choose Your Own Story” Quest, continuing on Twitch this Friday, February 18th, at 2 PM CET / 5 AM PST, will task fans with collectively making decisions during five critical events. Set during the Crusade, players will have to come together and choose between two options to determine the protagonist’s moral alignment and the story’s cinematic conclusion.
Stream viewers may vote by clicking buttons on screen (via Twitch Extension) and moving their virtual Paladin and Lich avatars, which represent the inner demons residing within the heart of the protagonist. Will the story’s hero break the staff of the Necromant or use it to fulfill their selfish desires? The ultimate decision depends on which avatar crosses the finish line first. A website hub will launch soon detailing the upcoming events and the community’s progress. More information regarding this interactive community experience may be found here.
For more information be sure and check out Owlcat Studios’ Wrath of the Righteous site.