You can make your own Forge World rules in the new Ad-Mech codex. Here’s how.
The Brand new codex has Forge World rules for the following:
- Stygies VIII
Each of these is broken into 4 parts with a:
- Warlord Trait
- Arcana Mechanicum
But you Warhammer 40,000 players love nothing more that EVEN MORE rules and customization. So GW had offered up the following system to create your own Forge World. this system lets you create a custom dogma of your liking. You miss out on the custom Warlord Traid, Arcana Mechanicum, and the Stratagem, but you still have access to the normal “generic” sets of these like everyone else. Let’s take a look.
There are some strong options in there and we’re interested to see what the community ends up gravitating towards. The nice thing is you’ll be able to build an army that (hopefully) fits whatever play style you’re looking for.
Are these better than the “default” options? Well, you’re trading off some of the inherent bonuses for these. That will be up to the individual player and their army to decide if these are worth the trade-offs. Again, it’s really going to boil down to personal playstyle and collection options. If none of the “default” traits or wargear options were to your liking, then you might be better off with one of these distant Forge World options.
All Hail the Omnissiah!
“The military wing of the Adeptus Mechanicus comprises the most zealous servants of the Cult Mechanicus. They are tasked with exalting the Omnissiah through the annihilation of Mars’ foes and the rediscovery of lost archeotech from Mankind’s ancient past. Inside this 120-page hardback codex, you’ll find everything you need to unleash the fury of the Cult Mechanicus in battle, plus thrilling lore and art to inspire your own collection.
Inside this book, you’ll find:
– The history of the Adeptus Mechanicus from their origins before the union of Mars and Terra to the galaxy-spanning network of forge worlds they now maintain
– A detailed description of the military organisation and iconography of the Cult Mechanicus
– An Adeptus Mechanicus bestiary with background details for every unit and Character featured
– A showcase of stunningly painted Citadel miniatures
– Rules for units that are only available to the armies of the Adeptus Mechanicus – including 30 datasheets
– Stratagems, Relics, and optional secondary objectives that define the ways that the Cult Mechanicus wages war
– Bespoke Crusade rules providing new Agendas, Requisitions, Battle Traits, Honorifics, and Crusade Relics that are unique to the Adeptus Mechanicus
– And more!
You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook to use the rules included in this codex.”