The Ad Mech Kataphrons (both of them) are back with an updated set of rules for 9th edition. Take a look.
This image from a miniature assembly guide has been doing the rounds. It appears to be from a new repacked set of Adeptus Mechanicus Kataphron Destroyers & Breachers. It is all over Reddit, and various forums.
Some items from the updated statlines& weapons:
- Attacks increase from 2 to 3
- Armor save increases from 4+ to 3+
- Cognis Flamer changes R 8″ to R 12″, and Assault:d6 to Assault: d6+2
- Armor save increases from 3+ to 2+
- Heavy Arc Rifle changes from D:D3 to D:2
- Torsion Cannon changes R 24″ to R 48″, and D:D6 to D:D3+3
- Arc Claw changes from AP-1 to AP-3
- Hydraulic Claw changes from AP-1 to AP-2, and D:D3 to D:3
OK, so a general increase in durability with the increased saves across the board. The Destroyers get only minor tweaks, all to make them better.
The big news is the BIG increases in weapon stats across the board for the Breachers. GW must have really thought they needed a big boost compared to the Destroyers. Just look at the double range, and higher average damage of the Torsion Cannon, and the Hydraulic Claw, now a scary proposition to face in melee.
As with the other 9th edition stats we’ve seen, more lethality, and here, matched with durability as well. This is forming a pattern that maybe just maybe, what we see with Drukhari isn’t a bug, but instead the leading edge of super killy-ness coming from all the future codexes?
All hail the Omnissiah!