RPG: Dune, Adventures In The Imperium Will Take You To Arrakis From Your FLGS
Dune: Adventures in the Imperium, the official Dune RPG is in stores now, so fit your stillsuit in desert fashion and cue up the Brian Eno soundtrack.
The beginning is a very delicate time. And for players looking for an RPG to take you to the gothic, imperial sci-fi worlds of Dune, this is a beginning indeed. Plans within plans await you, but if you want a game that captures the feeling of life in the distant future where, in addition to war, you can find plots, intrigue, the spice Melange, sandworms, prophecies, and shields which can be penetrated by a slow blade, then you’ll want to get your hands on Dune: Adventures in the Imperium. And, good news, you won’t have to wait, it’s in stores today.
ARRAKIS. DUNE. DESERT PLANET.
Dune showcases a universe filled to the brim with cutthroat noble houses and Bismarckian alliances, galactic economics, bureaucratic machinations, imperial soldiers, dastardly assassins, religious zealots, and freedom fighting rebels. Dune: Adventures in the Imperium drops players right in the thick of it, as they take the reins of their own House or act as agents of one of the powerful Houses —like honorable House Atreides, the ruthlessly Machiavellian House Harkonnen–or attempt to hack it solo with a House of their own devising. The system also allows for two styles of play: Architect, for the player who prefers to remain in the shadows and direct the battlefield from the boardroom; and Agent, which caters to the type of player who likes to get their hands dirty, handling business up close and personal.
Based on Modiphius’ award-winning 2D20 game system, Dune: Adventures in the Imperium is the perfect setting for players looking to flex their strategic muscles and edge out the competition to control the spice and, in turn, control the universe!
Key Features of Dune: Adventures in the Imperium
- Play Anywhere: Thanks to Modiphius’ award-winning 2d20 system, Dune: Adventures in the Imperium requires very little outside of the books themselves and a few dice
- 20,000 Years of Fun: The Dune Universe stretches waaaaay back, and original author Frank Herbert has crafted a rich world crammed full of fascinating characters, incredible worlds, and a deep, complex political and religious system for players to explore
- Art Fit for the Emperor’s Throne Room: In typical Modiphius fashion, each book and toolkit features gorgeous visuals, stunning artwork, and a beautiful, hand-crafted design. Spiced-up keeners will also enjoy the thematically appropriate dice sets, in Melange Blue and Arrakis Orange!
- All-Star Crew: From the writers to the designers, Dune: Adventures in the Imperium came together through the hard work of industry vets with resumes that include Warhammer, Dungeons & Dragons, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, and many more legendary IPs
The Dune: Adventures in the Imperium core rulebook contains:
- Everything you need to create your own stories of intrigue and adventure on the sands of Arrakis as agents of a powerful noble House.
- A brand new version of the 2D20 System adapted specially for the Dune
- An extensive look at the Imperium, its society, factions, history, technology, culture, faith and more.
- Guidelines for novice and experienced gamemasters on how to run Dune-themed adventures and campaigns of intrigue and adventure for the elite agents of a noble House.
- Rules for creating a noble House of your own, from House Minor to Major House, detailing its holdings, areas of expertise and agenda.
- Systems for architect play, where you become the puppet masters, moving agents to your designs to serve your House.
- An introductory adventure designed to quickly get you and your fellow players involved in the byzantine plots of the Imperium on Arrakis.
But that’s just the corebook. You can find collector’s editions that bear the crests of each of the major houses, Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino. There are also some incredible blue dice, done up as bright blue as the eyes of someone who’s been addicted to/affected by Spice.
Or if you want it all, there’s a complete collector’s edition set that gathers together all of it. All three books, plus a normal book, plus a GM screen, custom dice, and more.
- The complete set of Collector’s Edition Core rulebooks: Atreides*, Harkonnen** and Corrino***. As well as a Standard Edition Core Rulebook for day-to-day use.
- A beautiful journal containing both character and House sheets as well as lined, graph and blank paper to record your adventures and secrets.
- The Gamemaster’s Toolkit, a striking panorama of Arrakis containing all the tables and charts you need for play, as well as a 32-page booklet containing ready-made intrigues, encounters, and an adventure generator.
- Both the Arrakis and Arrakis Melange* dice sets.
- A PDF of both the Core Rulebook and the Gamemaster’s Toolkit.
- This bundle is strictly limited to only 200 copies and the only way to get hold of the complete collection in one place!
The worm is the spice, the spice is the worm