Games Workshop has dropped a massive update in the form of several FAQs for Warhammer 40,000. Check out what’s new!
It’s the big one. Games Workshop has unleashed the yearly update/FAQs for several factions. You can check all the FAQs out at the links below for the various armies. And we’re going to hit some of the highlights, too.
Strikes First and Strikes Last
“As one of the main areas where interpretations of the rules differed, the Studio team has supplied a comprehensive visual guide to determining the order in which models fight when affected by ‘Always Strike First’ and ‘Always Strike Last’ abilities or both. In short, each combat is split into three separate steps:”
- Players take it in turns to select units affected by ‘strikes first’ abilities, including those that have charged, one at a time, beginning with the player whose turn it is.
- Players take it in turns to select units either affected by no ‘strikes first’ or ‘strikes last’ abilities, or affected by both, one at a time, beginning with the player whose turn it isn’t.
- Players take it in turns to select units affected by ‘strikes last’ abilities, one at a time, beginning with the player whose turn it is.
- The Dark Technomancers Obsession for custom Covens no longer impacts weapons that automatically hit.
- Several questions have been answered regarding ‘exploding’ hits (rolls that generate additional hits on a certain result) and how they interact with some Character upgrades.
You’re going to want to check the FAQ to see which ones were impacted.
Deep Striking and Reserves
“Due to some quirky interactions with vertical distances (and some fascinating Pythagorean loopholes), certain units and Vehicles could be charged easier than others by units arriving from teleportation chambers or other similar rules.
To ensure there’s a level playing field the Studio team have clarified these distances. Now, you’ll always have to make that 9” charge to reach your foe on the turn you arrive.”
GW closes the Pythagorean loop! No more “short charges” or other janky interpretations. You’ll still need to make that 9″ charge if you’re going to drop in from Deepstrike.
“To bring them up to speed with the units from their recent codexes, Forge World miniatures for the Death Guard, Adeptus Mechanicus, and more will be gaining the appropriate faction abilities and keywords where necessary.”
This one is just a keyword update and is needed for those models to function correctly. But it’s a good step.
Those are just a few of the specific FAQs that were called out by GW. There’s more – lots more! So be sure to check the page to see if you’re army was impacted by the FAQ (it probably was in some way or another). Good luck and happy gaming.
It’s FAQ Day! Time to see what’s new and what’s changed…Get Ctrl+F ready.