D&D: Don’t Miss Baldur’s Gate 2, Dark Alliance – Now On PC
Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance 2 hit PCs this past week. With a new patch, and new adventures awaiting, don’t miss out on an old favorite.
The Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance series brought action RPGs to D&D. They broke from the traditional isometric mold. Which initially came as a surprise to many. If you were familiar with previous entries in the Baldur’s Gate franchise, Dark Alliance was strange and different. It broke from the isometric party-based dynamic.
Instead it was a world inspired by Diablo and Diablo 2. With innovations on a formula that tweaked both action RPG and D&D gameplay, these first two games made a huge splash when they first came out. Now, Dark Alliance 2 has been remastered for PC. Check it out below!
Unspeakable evil has returned to the legendary city of Baldur’s Gate in this dungeon-crawling, action RPG fantasy classic. A call for adventurers echoes through the embattled land. Cunning warriors and bold magic users are desperately needed to reclaim Baldur’s Gate from a dark sorcery that threatens all in its path.
- Five new heroes with new class feats and abilities
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play
As you can see, the whole thing has a face lift. With reworked graphics and gameplay, the experience is smooth. And with splitscreen co-op enabled, you and a buddy can play on the same screen. The way it was meant to be played.
In fact, Dark Alliance 2 on PC comes with full controller support. So you can really relive the glory days. They just released a new patch earlier this week, fixing competing inputs and some co-op gold issues.