Warhammer 40K: Darktide – Patch 5, This Time With More Warp
The newest patch for Warhammer 40K: Darktide, Path 5, brings all new changes to Skullbreakers, Psykinetics, and Preachers.
A new patch for Warhammer 40K: Darktide went live this week. You can find Darktide Patch 5 wherever you play now. And with it come some much-looked for changes and balance tweaks, alongside a series of improvements.
Of particular note, you can no longer crash the game by being so good at dodging that the server itself rage quits on you instead of gitting gud. What other changes lie in store? Have your favorite weapons been updated? Or left to flounder? Take a look at the notes for Darktide Patch 5.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide – Patch 5
The Skullbreaker, Psykinetic, and Preacher all get some attention in this patch. Skullbreaker gets a rework of its Payback Time and Lead the Charge feats:
Feat: Payback Time – “When an enemy damages you, gain 20% damage against enemies of the same type for 5s” has been changed to “When an enemy damages you with a melee attack, gain +20% damage for 5s”
Feat: Lead the Charge – Now also grants Stun Immunity and Suppression Immunity to allies for the duration of the buff
Psykinetics, on the other hand, get a significant boost to both Warp Unleashed and Wrack and Ruin:
Feat: Warp Unleashed – Damage Bonus increased: from 5-15% to 10-25%.
Feat: Wrack and Ruin – Increased stacks of Soulblaze applied as well as the radius: Stacks: 2 -> 3 Radius: 3 meters -> 4 meters.
And Preachers no longer get their “Until Death” Passive activated when at 1 health even when they don’t take damage.
As far as the rest of it, the detailed notes are here. But in a nutshell, the Quickflame and Kickback blessings have been buffed a little, but the real MVP are the changes to Stability, which address a number of potential crashes:
- Resolved a crash surrounding the inspection of cosmetic items inside the Armoury Exchange or Commodore’s Vestures.
- Isolated and resolved a case of a rare crash that would occur when switching between Loadout/Cosmetic/Feats views.
- Resolved a crash that was caused by changing portrait frames via loadouts.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a server and/or client crash by successfully dodging 16 attacks in a row.
- Optimized network data when creating liquid effects such as Grenadier/Flamer fire, Beast of Nurgle slime, or fire barrels.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that could occur when attacking a large number of enemies in a short amount of time.
All this in Warhammer 40K: Darktide – Patch 5