Well Eldar are up on the GW Advanced Orders page. Here’s the latest on the miniatures and rules brought to you by Loken at 40K Apocalypse:
The Eldar Miniatures
First up, the miniatures. Wraithknights, Hemlocks, Spiritseer’s OH MY! Go check em out.
The Eldar Rules
Next up, the rules:
From Blood & Kittens:
Most of the rules information can be gathered from the Battle Report section of the White Dwarf. Here is what we know.
- Wraithknight: Can get Suncanons: S6 AP2 Blast Heavy 3. Twin-linked with Laser Lock if Scatter Lasers hit first. Jump Pack, Monstrous Creature, 6 Wounds, T8, (Scattershield) for Invulnerable Save
- Crimson Hunter (Fighter): Gets 2 Bright Lances and Pulse Laser : “Basically Four Lascannons” Gets a “Fighter Ace upgrade”
- The Hemlock (Bomber): Gets D-scythes (Str4) and Mindshock (Morale Check) Pod (Bomb) Distort Rule (D-Weapons) any penetration roll of 6 auto pens regardless of strength.
- Psychic Powers: Fortune (Re-roll Saves), Quicken (Increased Movement), Guide (re-roll hits), Restrain (Opposite of Quicken) Two sets of powers accessible.
- Dire Avengers: Battlefocus: run and shoot in the same turn.
- Avatar: Fearless bubble, Fleet
- Wraithblades: T6 Forceshield Generator so invulnerable save
- Wraithlord: is still T8
The focus of the battle report was of course on the new units, especially the Wraithknight it is almost like GW wants us to buy a certain model or something…
Other little tidbits…
- Phil Kelly wrote the rules and Adam Troke the fluff.
- No price yet for Iyanden Supplement
- Wraithguard can get either Wraithcannon or the D-scythe so this might mean split on rules from the old dex between each weapon.
- The force organization of Eldar Unit hasn’t changed just new models added into slots
- Wraithknight to Heavy Support
- Flyers to Fast Attack
- Wraithblades to Elite
- Spirit Seer to HQ
- Named Ranger to HQ