What a busy week we’ve had, with everything from Orks, to 40K 7th Edition Rules, to the new Starter Set, to an all xenos campaign!
Orks are hot on the heels of 7th, (so June), and we have yet another source talking about kits that are jiving with stuff we’ve heard of late:
Look for the following:
– A new Ork Boys box triple-combo kit covering: Tank-Bustas, Kommandos, Flashgitz
– Buggie Combo kit (making the existing buggy and a new unknown kit)
– Mega-nobz Combo kit (making the existing Mega-nobz and a new unknown kit)
– Kopta Combo kit (making the existing Kopta and a new unknown kit)
-Stompa is said to included in the codex as a Lord of War
This latest set of rumors lines up pretty well with this set of rumors from past month:
Orks – 5 Kits1) Plastic Warboss: Multi-part plastic kit which make a warboss in mega armor with new weapon options.
2) Deffkoptas: Plastic box. Dual build kit with a new Grot skimmer.
3) Tankbustas/Flashgitz/Ardboys: Multi-part plastic kit which makes any of the three units.
4) Buggy/Halftrakk Plastic kit with a new Supa-rokkit Launcha option.
5) Mek/Mad-doc/Mega-armor unit (NEW): Plastic dual unit kit – First unit is similar to oversized Cyb-orks. Shoots new saw-cannon. Second unit option makes mega armor Orks
7th Edition Latest Rumors
We all heard about the new psychic discipline coming to 7th. Here’s a description of what it looks like on the tabletop:
Ok, so apparently totally loyal and mentally conditioned Astartes Librarians can just say “aww shucks” and cut a deal with a Bloodthirster now…
– WFB-Style Psychic
– A set of “objective cards” you are drawing/discarding from each turn
– Completely “bring what you want” (only limited by the Allies table) army construction
– New Allies chart
– New Psychic Discipline (except for bugs)
7th Starter Set Rumors
Now before we start, there have been multiple reports over the last few months of a Blood Angels vs Orks boxed set and that is the trend continuing today.
Here is what we’ve heard:
The Eldar and Dark Eldar unite to deny the maiden world of Duriel, the glittering jewel in the crown of the Valedor System, from the united tendrils of the Tyranid Hive Fleets Kraken and Leviathan.
Apocalypse War Zone:Valedor is the latest war zone in the series. This 68 page, full-colour hardback book includes:
– Twenty new datasheets for the Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Tyranids; including the High Council of lyanden and the Eye of the Hive
– Four New apocalypse missions
– New strategic assets and rules for using Tyranid terrain in your Apocalypse games.
Ghost Warrior Warhost $365.25
The Eldar are loathe to rouse the spirits of the dead from their rest within the Infinity Circuit, but when a threat arises that the Aspect Warriors and Guardians cannot defeat, the Spiritseers will assemble a Ghost Warrior Warhost.
This collection contains all you need to field the Eldar Ghost Warrior Warhost Apocalypse Formation as featured in the Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse: War Zone Valedor book. It includes: 3 Spiritseers, 2 boxes of Wraithguard / Wraithblades, 2 Wraithlords and 1 Wraithknight. The Spiritseers in this collection are a Citadel Finecast miniature, all the other models are multi-part plastic kits.
The Dark Eldar are the masters of surprise attacks. Pouring out of the webway, the jagged shapes of Raiders and swarms of lighting fast Reaver Jetbikes plunge down through the atmosphere. They cut down the enemy, then vanish back into the webway before their victims even knew they were in danger.
This collection contains all you need to field the Dark Eldar Kabalite Stormsurge Apocalypse Formation. The datasheet for this formation is exclusively available in White Dwarf issue 15. It includes: 1 Archon, 3 boxes of 10 Kabalite Warriors, 3 boxes of 3 Reavers and 3 Raiders. The Archon in this collection is a Citadel Finecast miniature, all the other models are multi-part plastic kits.
When the most potent synapse creatures in a swarm gather together they are the shadow in the Warp made flesh, and their mere presence is enough to unnerve the most heroic of warriors.
This collection contains all you need to field the Tyranid Shadow Incarnate Apocalypse Formation as featured in the Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse: War Zone Valedor book. It includes: 1 Hive Tyrant, 1 box of 3 Tyrant Guard and 2 Zoanthropes. The Zoanthropes in this collection are Citadel Finecast miniatures, all the other models are multi-part plastic kits.
~Fasten your seatbelts, boys and girls, it’s shaping up to be a hot one as we head straight for 7th.