There is lots of talk coming out of Adepticon regarding everyone’s favorite villains – the Chaos Space Marines.
The latest set of Rumors out of Chicago say:
- Chaos Space Marines are coming in 2016
- It is in Q3-4.
- It is a major release window – miniatures-wise.
- Look for at least 5 new boxes, including at least 1 set of plastic Cult Marines.
- It will be tied into a multipart campaign series (as we saw with the Tau).
- The codex will be updated, but it is unknown if this is simply a update for new units as Tau received, or a major overhaul.
You may remember the previous set of talk from Warhammer World teasing out CSMs last week…
Now there has been chatter for a year now of Thousand Sons coming but there has also been a fairly robust set of talk saying that CSMs were coming in 2017. Adepticon is kicking out multiple sources pointing in the same general direction of a late 2016 release for the CSMs.
Which indicates to me that GW may be moving them up in the release schedule for some unknown reason. The CSMs are generally considered to be a very popuar release faction that strongly drive sales. I’ll leave it up to you to figure out why GW might want to move them up from 2017 to 2016.
~Have at it CSM fans!