REVIEW – Chaos’ New Traitor’s Hate Supplement
Come take a first look at the newest supplement on the block for Warhammer 40k, as Chaos’ Traitor’s Hate has finally arrived!
It’s been a long time since Chaos got some truly playable rules, and this new supplement delivered on more than we’ve seen in the past. No it may not make Chaos rise to the top overnight, or even make Chaos Marines more visible on the tournament scene (unless you’re playing in a bringing hobby back event), but it will get people hobbying again on Chaos that is for sure.
Overall it’s 135 pages big, features mostly reused datasheets, but does give us 11 new formations and a new detachment for Chaos called the Black Crusade.
Kharn got a small update that can let him field berzekers as troops, and the Renegade Knight and Lord of Skulls are included in this supplement as well.
Maybe the biggest and most far-reaching change is the inclusion of Renegade versions of the new Psychic powers that the Space Marines received in the Angels of Death book. This may really help hobbyists figure out a way to respond to all those great loyalist formations and tech out there in 7th Edition.
Missing from the book was new wargear and warlord traits which was a big let down for a supplement that started out so promising.
Overall though new rules are better than no rules, and now we’ll see more Chaos Space out there on tabletops worldwide!
Black Crusade: Traitor’s Hate $50
As Abbadon the Despoiler launches his 13th Black Crusade, the diabolical Lord Xophas bypasses the Cadian Gate and leads an invasion of the Diamor System. On the Warmaster’s orders, Xorphas commands the Crimson Slaughter, Black Legion and Word Bearers forces as he seeks a monstrous source of power that could spell the doom of the Imperium itself.
Standing against this ambition are the Blood Angels, leading an alliance of Adeptus Mechanicus and Imperial Knights that will fight to the last to ensure that the worshippers of Chaos know defeat. The war that follows will be nothing short of apocalyptic.
The 136-page hardback Black Crusade: Traitor’s Hate features all-new rules content for Warhammer 40,000, to be used alongside Codex: Chaos Space Marines:
– Updated rules for fielding Chaos Predator and Vindicator squadrons;
– Chaos Space Marines Tactical Objectives, murderous and unholy, these Objectives encapsulate the Traitor Legions;
– Sorcerors of Chaos: having sold their souls to vile Daemon deities, Psykers of the Chaos Space Marines gain access to 4 new Psychic Disciplines: Sinistrum Discipline, Heretech Discipline, Ectomancy Discipline and Geomortis Discipline;
– 11 new Formations, with the Black Crusade Detachment showing you how to pick your army;
– full rules for fielding Renegade Knights in games of Warhammer 40,000, including Wargear of the Fallen Households.