What happens when you combine the brutality of the Grimdark and all consuming capitialism? Why Monopoly: Warhammer 40k style!
Warhammer Community officially announced the partnership of GW and USAopoly to bring a new product straight from the Eye of Terror. That’s right folks, it’s Monopoly and Warhammer 40k.
Monopoly is, of course, the no-holds-barred game of property ownership – a game filled with ruthless ambition, conquest and treachery – what could be more Warhammer 40,000 than that? It just needed a few tweaks: set it in space, add a generous helping of skulls and you’re good to pass go.
Yeah – it’s coming. In fact if you’re a Game Store you can order this from distributors. We did some more digging and found out the following:
- Take the infinite war to new levels in Monopoly Warhammer 40,000
- Play as one of six iconic metal tokens representing key factions
- Make your way around the board buying, selling and trading properties from the 41st Millennium
- Includes custom tokens featuring Eldar Rune, Ork, Choppa, Chaos Star, Space Marine Helmet, Necron Monolith, and Tyranid Ripper
- 2-6 Players | Ages 13+ | 60+ Min Play Time
The current release date is listed as August 2018 – so that’s right around the corner. I’ve got lots of memories playing Monopoly. It usually ended with a bad roll and a table flip. You know I could also use that sentence to describe playing some poor sports at 40k, too. Now that I think about it, Monopoly should fit perfectly with the 40k setting! I got dibs on the Tyranid Ripper.
Monopoly Meets 40k – will there be “Get Out of Heresy” cards?