Conan was destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia, but before he sat astride a kingdom, he was many things–conqueror, adventurer, brigand…add this latter element to your games of savage swords and sorcery in an Age Undreamed Of…
If you’re playing the Conan RPG, this book is an indispensable sourcebook for digging into more of the world, with its gazetteers and monsters and rules for raiding, plunder, and new carousing events… check out life on the raucous side in Conan the Brigand.
BUT NOT ALL MEN SEEK REST AND PEACE; SOME ARE BORN WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE STORM IN THEIR BLOOD, RESTLESS HARBINGERS OF VIOLENCE AND BLOODSHED, KNOWING NO OTHER PATH…
Conan the Brigand is the complete guide to the nomadic brigands of the Hyborian Age, providing the gamemaster and player characters with all the resources to run campaigns that embrace the path of the brigand, or are affected by it. Here within these pages are all the resources needed to bring to life this outlaw world!
New material to expand your Conan campaign, with brigand-themed castes, stories, backgrounds, and equipment, allowing you to create your own unique brigands, nomads, and raiders.
- A gazetteer covering the kingdoms that Conan and his brigands raided — Khauran, Turan, and the city-state of Zamboula.
- Descriptions of important dignitaries and renegades of the region, including Lord of Khawarizm, Kings Yezdigerd and Yildiz of Turan, Shah Amurath, Queen Taramis and her devilish twin sister Salome, Constantius the Hawk, Baal-ptor the Strangler of Yota-pong, the notorious pirate Sergius of Krosha, and the roguish Zaraporaskan rogue Olgerd Vladislav.
- Beasts and unnatural monsters — vultures, iron statues, desert devils, gigantic rukh, and the Devil in Iron himself, Khosatral Khel.
- A guide to running brigand campaigns, with all-new rules for raiding and plunder, and brigand-themed carousing events to fill the time between raids.
- Gods and magic of the nomadic lands, including cults of Erlik, Ishtar, Tarim, and Yazadi, and magic artifacts such as the legendary Tulwar of Amir Khurum.
- A write-up of Conan during the period he lived and breathed the brigand life, along with his most notorious followers.
- Guidelines for running a desert nomad camp, recruiting brigands, surviving in the hostile environments of the southeast, and descriptions of the rewards and dangers of raiding.
Developed with leading Conan scholars, this is the place for Hyborian Age desert adventure, just as Howard created it!