GW showed off quite a lot in that that Space Marine codex reveal video. Take a look.
GW showed off the new Space Marine Codex and Necron Codexes that are coming this October.
“These two new codexes will be available for you to buy in October – stay tuned for more previews and more new model reveals in the coming weeks.”
Immediately the community (all over the place, but we’ll throw the great folks at B&C credit) started to tear in the video frame by frame and with the help of some magnifying glasses and eye-trauma found the following:
New Captain Mini
A new Captain sporting what looks like a grav weapon and a power sword.
- Dark Angels: 1) +1 to hit if the unit did not move in this turn and 2) something about Combat Attrition.
- White Scars: 1) can Charge after Advance or Fall Back and 2) can fire Assault with no penalty after an Advance move.
- Space Wolves: 1) +1 to hit in melee if the unit charged, was charged or HR and 2) units with this tactic can HR as if they were characters.
- Imperial Fists: 1) ignore Light Cover and 2) 2 additional hits with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.
- Crimson Fists: 1) +1 to hit when the target unit contains 5+ more models than this unit (VEHICLE counts as 5) and 2) 1 additional hit with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.
- Black Templars: 1) reroll Advance and Charge rolls and 2) 5+ feel no pain against mortal wounds.
- Blood Angels: 1) +1 to wound when charging, charged or HR and 2) +1″ to Advance and Charge rolls.
- Flesh Tearers: 1) +1 to wound when charging, charged or HR and 2) -1 AP on unmodified wound rolls of 6.
- Iron Hands: 1) 6+ feel no pain and 2) double wounds on the damage chart.
- Ultramarines: 1) +1 Leadership and 2) can shoot in a turn during which it Falls Back, but at -1 to hit.
- Salamanders:1) each time a model with this tactic is selected to shoot or fight, you can reroll one wound roll when resolving that unit’s attack and 2) each time an attack with an AP characteristic of -1 is allocated…treat it as 0 instead.
- Raven Guard: 1) count as being in Light Cover if the attacker is more than 18″ away and 2) INFANTRY only count as being in Dense Cover if the attacker is more than 12″ away.
- Deathwatch: 1) each time a model with this tactic makes a melee attack against TYRANID, AELDARI, ORK, NECRONS or TAU, reroll a hit roll of 1 and 2) after both sides have finished deploying their armies, select one battlefield role. Until the end of the battle, each time a model with this tactic makes an attack against an enemy unit with that battlefield role, reroll a wound roll of 1.
A new rule: a maximum of one CAPTAIN model and two LIEUTENANT models can be added to each Detachment in your army.
Unit Listings From TOC (incomplete)
CAPTAIN WITH MASTER CRAFTED HEAVY BOLT RIFLE
CAPTAIN IN PHOBOS ARMOR
CAPTAIN IN GRAVIS ARMOR
CAPTAIN IN TERMINATOR ARMOR
CAPTAIN ON BIKE
LIEUTENANT IN REIVER ARMOR
LIEUTENANT IN PHOBOS ARMOR
LIBRARIAN IN PHOBOS ARMOR
LIBRARIAN IN TERMINATOR ARMOR
PRIMARIS CHAPLAIN ON BIKE
CHAPLAIN IN TERMINATOR ARMOR
PRIMARIS TECH MARINE
ASSAULT INTERCESSOR SQUAD
HEAVY INTERCESSOR SQUAD
SCOUT SQUAD (possibly ELITES based on list position)
ASSAULT CENTURION SQUAD
VETERAN INTERCESSOR SQUAD
BLADEGUARD VETERAN SQUAD
TERMINATOR ASSAULT SQUAD
RELIC TERMINATOR SQUAD
CENTURION ASSAULT SQUAD
INVICTOR TACTICAL WARSUIT
INVADER ATV SQUAD
SCOUT BIKE SQUAD
ATTACK BIKE SQUAD
STORM SPEEDER HELLSTRIKE
STORM SPEEDER ???
STORM SPEEDER ???
LAND SPEEDER TORNADO
LAND SPEEDER TYPHOON
CENTURION DEVASTATOR SQUAD
LAND RAIDER CRUSADER
LAND RAIDER REDEEMER
LAND SPEEDER STORM
~Have at it Marine Fans. What are you seeing and most surprised by?