The Crimson Court Models are fantastic! Let’s take a closer look at them in their natural state: unboxed.
There are a ton of new vampires on the way and some of the best new sculpts are from The Crimson Court, a new warband for Warhammer Underworlds. They represent four vampires from the Mortal Realms and they each bring a little something special to the tabletop.
These Vampires Don’t Suck
First up, I want to talk about the Warband’s Cards because we don’t cover them in detail in the video. The reason for that? Well, GW already showed ALL of them off and you can find them HERE.
This is just the first batch – there are 4 more pages to peruse.
On top of that, we also got a look at each of their warrior cards which we’ll show off here, too:
If you want a more detailed explanation of the warband’s rules we did that already. The basic idea is that each member of the warband works around the new hunger mechanic. It’s a balance of sating your vampire’s hunger to become inspired…or not and letting their bloodlust take over. This is one of the few warbands where bouncing between inspired and ‘normal’ mode can have different benefits.
Now let’s get to the main focus of the video – the models. These new vampires are fantastic! Each one is a unique character and brings their own flavor to the vampires of the Mortal Realms. We’ve talked about how each one is a callback to the previous types of vampires from the Old World before as well. The paint jobs do help play that aspect up, but even the bare plastic is a great nod to those old school models.
And speaking of bare plastic, these sprues do come in red-dyed plastic. They are still push fit models as well so assembling them is straight forward. They do have a couple of tricky bits to assemble but overall they aren’t too bad. I also like their pre-textured bases as those are always a nice touch from GW.
My advice for assembling them hasn’t changed and it’s the same for all the push fit models:
- Clip and Clean the bits well
- Dry fit the models
- Snip off ~1mm from the “pegs” for a better fit
- Use and apply plastic glue for the best hold
- Press the models together and hold for a few seconds to ensure snug fit
The Crimson Court is a great looking warband with a unique spin on the Hunger mechanic that is both thematic and appropriate in game. I can’t wait to finish up this warband and take them out for a spin. Unfortunately, they are already sold out online. So if you DO want a copy of them, you might want to call up your FLGS and get in on a pre-order list. They should be in stores this weekend.
Prince Duvalle leads the coterie of Soulblight Gravelords known as the Crimson Court, a band of merciless hunters united by their cruel abilities. They found their way into Direchasm through a splint of the spreading Katophrane Curse, intent upon taking full advantage of the rich variety of prey promised by the living mountain’s depths.
Claim the mountain in a riot of bloody violence with the Crimson Court. These Soulblight Gravelords introduce a new mechanic called Bloodlust, which you must control if you are to emerge victorious. This set also features a range of universal cards for any warband in Warhammer Underworlds.
This set contains:
– 4x push-fit Crimson Court miniatures – no glue required to assemble
– 4x fighter cards, representing each warrior in your games – Prince Duvalle, Gorath the Enforcer, Vellas von Faine, and Ennias Curse-born
– A further 62 playable cards (only available in this set) to enhance your fighters and provide new tactics and challenges for your games of Warhammer Underworlds: Direchasm, including:
– 12x Crimson Court objective cards
– 10x Crimson Court upgrade cards
– 10x Crimson Court ploy cards
– 10x universal objective cards, usable by any warband
– 10x universal upgrade cards, usable by any warband
– 8x universal gambit cards, usable by any warband
– 2x universal gambit spell cards, usable by any wizard