Demiplane Launches A Digital Nexus For Critical Role’s ‘Candela Obscura’ RPG
Demiplane, the digital tabletop nexus for all sorts of TTRPGs, announced today a partnership with Critical Role’s Candela Obscura.
Demiplane is one of the newer and more robust digital RPG toolsets on the market. And it hit the ground running. Launched in 2020, Demiplane is already a home for Pathfinder 2E, The Marvel Multiverse RPG, Avatar Legends, Vampire: the Masquerade, and many, many more.
It’s not exactly a VTT, but it works with them to make your game experience easier and more immersive. At least according to their marketing. Your mileage may vary, of course, and like any toolset, it’s only as good as the person using it. But it is robust. You can think of it as something like D&D Beyond but for games outside of D&D, all in one place.
And today, Demiplane announced the upcoming launch of a Candela Obscura nexus, thanks to a partnership with Critical Role’s Darrington Press.
Demiplane Launches The Candela Obscura Nexus, Nov. 14th
Per the announcement, Demiplane aims to make Critical Role’s new RPG accessible and easy to play:
“Our aim with every new game system added to Demiplane is to ensure it’s inviting for both newcomers and seasoned gamers, focusing on the sheer joy of play. Working alongside the talented team at Darrington Press has been a dream and we’ve been able to tailor our digital companion to offer smooth entry points like an intuitive step-by-step character creation and a user-friendly game rules compendium. We believe packaging these elements, combined with the Candela Obscura’s deep lore, creatures, artifacts, and more in the players’ hands allows us to enhance the immersion of the Candela Obscura experience whether it happens online or at the table.”
Within the secret society Candela Obscura, individuals of varied talents work as a team—known as a circle—to investigate strange occurrences and dangerous magick, fighting back against a mysterious source of corruption and bleed. As the digital companion to the Candela Obscure Core Rulebook, Demiplane’s dedicated Nexus features everything you need to start a thrilling and terrifying game session, including:
– The core rules to play and create your Candela Obscura investigators and their circles
– An overview of the turn of the century-inspired setting of the Fairelands and the city of Newfaire
– A look at what lies beneath Newfaire, the ancient ruins known as OldfaireAdvertisement
– Pre-made sample sessions for gamemasters to learn from and expand upon into their own playthroughs
– Immersive, in-world ephemera and notes, illustrations, sketches, research notes, correspondences, advertisements, maps, and more to bring the Fairelands to life
– Digital dice mechanics, and so much more!
Candela Obscura launches on Demiplane and everywhere else on November 14th!