This week on the Cosplay Artist Spotlight, we’re diving back into the world of Warhammer 40k. This Assault Marine has an incredibly attention to detail, and a wide range of images to go along with his fantastic Cosplay! Enjoy the work of Bernard Creations!
1. How did you get your start in cosplay? How long have you been creating your projects? What inspires you to work in the cosplay realm?
I started making costumes for my son for Halloween and then started doing some costumes for the two of us. .I have been making costumes for only 2.5 years and just last year I decided to make a complete costume from head to toe. I’m not totally computer experienced for all the new ways of making templates so I am old school and old template technics, I wasn’t sure what to make and did an original concept armour build.
2. What is your strongest construction aspect?
Making foam look like metal or metal damage.
3. What is your favorite type of cosplay work to do?
4. What are your favorite completed projects, or your most popular?
Original concept armour and now Space Marine Raven Guard
5. What material is your favorite to work with?
6. What are your favorite fandoms? Favorite characters?
Love the Iron Man costumes but I don’t have the body for that.
7. What kind of games do you play? Videogames? Tabletop? Wargames?
Not a gamer as I am now a two kids family man. But I guess super Nintendo or wii I used the most
8. What conventions do you attend? Have you guested/spoken on panels/competed in contests?
I have been in three local conventions and have won the master class each time. Lantasy 2017 Van Isle Con 2017 and Mosiacon 2017
10. What conventions are you attending this next season?
Capital City Con 2018 march 16-18, and Van Isle Con 2018 june10
11. Who are your cosplay inspirations? Whose work do you admire or aspire to?
Evil ted and punished props help with their tutorial videos
12. What are your favorite movies/shows to watch or music to listen to while you craft?
Transformer, youtube anything cosplay, or anime
13. What message do you have for people wanting to break into cosplay? What have you learned in your time working in Cosplay?
Watch the videos and just have fun you learn from you mistakes and it doesn’t hurt to ask for help.
14. What are your social media/website links? Where can we find you?