Shadowspear is only the beginning. Here’s what the rumorsphere is saying about upcoming Chaos Marine releases.
We’ve already seen a slow but steady drumbeat of Chaos Space Marine releases with the new minis in Blackstone Fortress and Shadowspear.
But it’s clear from both the lack of rules for announced models and some unidentified pictures that a full CSM release is coming. The range is badly in need of an update and it looks like GW is focussed on getting rid of the small skinny “classic CSM” aesthetic. Here’s what hear is coming:
Industry professionals say:
- Most of the kits from Shadowspear make a reappearance in their full-featured versions
- Venomcrawler standlone kit with weapon options – possible a Easy-to-Build kit (editor: like GW did with the Blight Hauler)
- CSM multipose squad with full options
- CSM multi-pose Havoc kit with multiple weapon options
- Obliterators/Mutilators 2-model kits
- Greater Possessed 2-model kits
- 2-3 Clampack Characters
- Chaos Terrain kit (editor: like GW did with the Orks, Knights, etc…)
- Expect this wave to hit within a month
To me the big question with this list is what character clampacks would be be redone, and what about CSM Terminators? Of all the daemon teasers – this one was unidentified and is not part of the Abaddon kit.
That looks a LOT like the spikes atop the current CSM termys. Their kit is kind of right on the line between looking dated and being passable on the modern 2019 tabletop.
Regarding Clampacks, suspects could be:
- Lord of Possession (duh)
- Chaos Lord (non-termy)
The current CSM range has a lot of ancient resin/metal models for HQs that need to get replaced.
PLEASE replace me – I’m from the 3.5 Ed Chaos codex!
~ Have at it my fellow Chaos Lords!