Warhammer Fantasy Larp Part 3: The Empire Lives!
The Russians take their costuming and role play community very seriously, as witnessed by the recent Moscow based Warhammer Fantasy event. Over 1,000 players assembled in this massive showing of technical and creative expertise, and today we’re exploring the Imperials!
“Three things make the Empire great; faith, steel and gunpowder.“
—Magnus the Pious, Emperor of the Empire of Man
Warhammer Fantasy LARP
LARP, by definition, is an interactive roleplay style game system, where players choose to portray characters through physical action, rather than through words or character sheet development. In Russia, an amazing group of LARPers display of costuming and roleplay in an exhibition of over 1,000 people. They bring to life characters from the various Warhammer Fantasy Settings, choosing characters from a myriad of factions and backgrounds.
Every year over a thousand of players attend to fight epic battles, take on daring adventures, weave intrigue, participate in trade, politics and diplomacy in the world of eternal war. We have access to the full gallery of images from the 2018 LARP.
In the Russian LARP are featured:
- City of Erengrad, where you can find almost any race or nationality;
- Massive battles between Empire, Kislev and Chaos hordes;
- Silent war between guilds and boyars in Erengrad;
- Competition on trade routs from Kislev to Empire and further to Marienburg;
- Training camp in Empire troops;
- Hags, witches and spirits in the Blight;
- Bloody rituals of Chaos tribes;
- One of the largest and most interesting LARP games in Russia.
The 2018 LARP
~Join us next week for more Cosplay! Coverage~
Have a Cosplay question you would like Mayhem’s Muse to answer? Know a Cosplayer you’d like to see featured? Send an email here!