There’s an intriguing image of that leaked Horus Heresy boxed set and some new rumors of what your wallet should expect.
You will remember that a few weeks back, we got images from what looks like a new Horus Heresy boxed set:
“So – would anyone like to see some pics of the new Horus Heresy boxset due out……soon?
New Plastic Contemptor
Possible plastic characters (heralds/praetors?)
And some Cataphractii.
No? Nobody? Ok well here’s some pics anyway.”
- The Horus Heresy range will be getting a major release later in the year.
- It will receive a massive rules overhaul at the same time. (contradictory chatter says 9th Edition ruleset)
- The core units of the Horus Heresy range will be moved to plastic over time.
- The Horus Heresy Range will move from Forge World’s control, over to the main GW Design Studio
A BoLS reader forwarded this image which is all the above shots stitched together into a single shot. Then he got out the magnifying glass to count up everything in it:
This looks like:
- Mk VI Beakies – 40 models
- Cataphractii Termys – 10 models
- Contemptor Dread – 1 model
- Spartan Assault Tank – 1 model
- Commanders – 2 models
Right off the bat – that is a giant amount of models. While some of these don’t exist currently we have very close comparisons to estimate what this would cost if you bought it a la carte:
- Mk VI Beakies – 40 models @$50 per 10 – based on Mk3 minis.
- Cataphractii Termys – 10 models @$65 per 5 – based on Cataphractii minis.
- Contemptor Dread – 1 model @$60 per – based on Contemptor minis.
- Spartan Assault Tank – 1 model @$100 per – based on Repulsor Executioner.
- Commanders – 2 models @$35 apiece – based on marine commander minis.
That works out to a total of: $560
There are rumors of a price point for this box of $350
Now these GW boxes always come at a decent discount, but the question is exactly how much. Normally we see discounts in the range of 20-45% off the a la carte price. That rumored price of $350 works out to a 37% discount – so right in the sweet spot. We will have to wait and see.
Also another note on one of those rumors up there. Note one of the images contains an image of a scatter die – which are not used in 9th Edition. I would advise caution on the updated rules rumors for now.
~What do you think of such a large boxed set if it works out?