For those of you too busy playing the game I thought I would bring to your attention a news item from Lone Wolf Development about our favorite army list creator. It looks like sometime this month Army Builder afectionately known as AB will be dropping a new version. According to the post on their website here are some of the new features:
- Save rosters to PDF – Email PDF rosters to tournament organizers or friends, to print out exactly like normal Army Builder printed output.
- Model list output – View the combined model list for your roster, including how many individual models of each type are required, and the equipment they need. Turn your roster into a “what-to-pack list” with a single click!
- Mobile friendly output – Save your roster to a “mobile friendly” output format, for viewing on your iPhone or other mobile device. Touch a unit name and it expands, displaying all the unit details – touch it again to hide it. Unit options can also be displayed with a single touch.
- Updated user interface – We’ve updated the user interface to take advantage of the larger monitors more prevalent today. Army Builder 3.2 is now optimized for viewing on a 1024×768 monitor, while gracefully scaling up and down to higher or lower resolutions as needed.
- Do more work with fewer clicks – The “New Roster” form, the starting page for all new armies, has been overhauled to make it easier to configure your roster. Choose a race or a predefined points cost with a single click. Ruleset information to configure your roster is displayed right there on the form.
- Better notification of updates – Army Builder 3.2 informs you of updates on the “Select Game System” screen, so you can be instantly informed about new data file updates.
- Added flexibility for common tasks – The Options list now displays every option in a tree structure, allowing you access to more options with fewer clicks. Any categories you’re not interested in can simply be collapsed and ignored.
- More information at your fingertips – Army Builder 3.2 gives you more information about your choices in several ways:
*Composition group info windows now display the minimum / maximum counts for each category.
*In the options list, right-clicking on an invalid option explains why it’s invalid.
*Validation errors can now include more descriptive error messages.
- New interface design – Many buttons and other areas of the interface have been redesigned for a more modern, cleaner look and feel.
- New features for data file authors – Many common tasks for data file authors have been improved, reducing the workload for data file authors. Army Builder 3.2 also catches more common errors, resulting in quicker debugging time, and higher quality data files for the user.
- All this and more – Many other minor improvements are included, including validation icons at the top of printed output, improved text summary and BBCode output, optimized HTML generation, and more!
There is a catch to all of this, it is free to those who have a their licences current and active. That means if you want the new version you will either have to pay full price, or make sure your licence is updated.
So what do y’all think? I am pretty jazzed about the new output abilities. I am especially excited about the mobile output abilities. Will any of you use the mobile output?